Friday, May 13, 2011

I'm six today !!

May 12, 2011

Arnav is six years old today !! Happy birthday to dear, Arnav!



I cannot believe that my little Arnav would have been six years old today (actually yesterday- May 12). I was thinking to myself, 'Why do I want to update his blog, I'm not even sure if anyone reads it anymore; after all I don't update it anymore'.

And then, I log in today to find comments from two friends, one well known, one I've never know, yet Arnav brings us together. Once more, my special miracle has strenghtened my belief that there is goodness out there, you just need to have the eye for it.

Sarah: Thanks for thinking about Arnav and us.
Chitra: I am so moved by your words. Thank you.

Arnav seems to bring out the very best in me and helps me seek the same in others. Every now and then, when I am having a rough day, I ask him to guide me with his wisdom, grant me some of his patience, and his ability to see through the darkest days. And it works, each time! It's like he's right next to me and hears every word I say to him.

On your special day, my dear, I have so much to say, but cannot find the words to say that,

"You are near me,
I know that,
but you feel so far,
that it breaks my heart.

I come to see you everyday,
though it never seems enough,
But the day I miss seeing you,
that day is surely rough.

If I could lay the words side by side,
Of all the things I want to say to you,
I'm sure they'll stretch all the way up to heaven,
And right to you.

And you'll come flying in my arms,
Just like old times,
And we'll be together again,
Together forever, this time.

Missing you more than ever, my dear, Arnav. I hope you enjoyed your cake. Happy Boo to you!

I'll always be there for you.

~Mummy
~Papa and Aarav

4 comments:

pachitnis said...

Shikha, never think that this blog goes unread!! I look at it often waiting for your updates and especially your beautiful ability to express yourself in these wonderful rhymes. I thank Arnav with all my heart for bringing us together and binding us in this wonderful friendship that will last forever!!

Chitra said...

Dear Arnav, Happy Belated Birthday. I had typed a long message, but couldnt paste it.

Dear Arnav's parents - We havent met each other, but Little Arnav brought us together and I strongly beleive. When I first visited this blog it was sometime last year and I was so very moved with Arnav and with you both such lovely couple keeping Arnav's memories intact in this blogspace. I thoroughly appreciate you. I look up to you being strong and loving parents.

Let me tell you - It was as I said last year when I happened to visit this blog and I was pregnant with my first baby then. My husband and I knew that we carried a baby boy and were very excited. I enjoyed carrying my little angel throughout my pregnancy. We also had thought of naming our son ARNAV. Probably this was the reson that brought me closer to this blog of yours. When I read it for the first time, I loved it and was thinking of you both so much. Although we are unknown to each other, I kept praying for you both.

We had decided on the name many years ago as we both loved it. After reading this blog I got myself attached to your little Arnav.

I was still pregnant, then came a time where I was naring my due date and say 3 weeks before it, we learnt that our baby was dead. For mere medical negligence here in London, I lost my baby. The pain, the trauma just took control on me. Our emotions were all over the place and I was just not there. You both know the pain I am sure. I again say I look up to you for having been strong (altough the void he has left behind would be strong). Like how you both do, we too feel our little angel is around us and is a positive energy in our life. Our special kids wll always be precious for life and I thank your little Arnav for making me know you both and yes, these special babies do create miracles.

Lots of love and prayers to your family,
Chitra

Anonymous said...

Just chanced upon your blog...reminded me of my own brother who left us at a similar age...May god bless you and your family

AGHIS said...

ARNAV IS ALWAYS`THERE IN OUR HEARTS.CONSCIOUSLY OR UNCONSCIOUSLY HE IS IN OUR THOUGHTS ALSO. NOT EVEN A SINGLE DAY PASSES WITHOUT REMEMBERING HIM