Wednesday, December 12, 2012

To my son, my strength,
 on his Seventh Birthday!

Arnav turned seven on May 12, 2012. Although his birthday is long gone, my heart yearns to send him birthday wishes, yet again today, in the hope that he will get them, wherever he may be.

Seven little candles,
   lit Oh so perfectly!
Seven little flames,
   danced in the wind gently.

An eager birthday wish,
   just waiting to be voiced,
A delicately yellow birthday cake,
   just waiting to be sliced.

A happy birthday song,
    just waiting to be sung.
A birthday surprise,
    just waiting to be sprung.

All things big and small,
    are awaiting you my dear.
We are waiting for you,
    every moment, every day, every year.

And till you return ....

We'll blow your birthday candles,
     but with a sigh.
We'll sing you a birthday song,
    with a tear in the eye.

We'll cut your birthday cake,
      with a heaviness in the heart.
But somewhere deep inside,
       there is a hope that won't depart.

Maybe ....

Next year, you'll be here,
      to celebrate your special day.
To make a special birthday wish,
    as your blow your candles away!

And we'll sing a birthday song,
    merrily, happily, delightfully!
And that'll truly be a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" ,
   as happy as it can be!

Happy Birthday, Dear Arnav !!!























Love always,

Mummy, Papa, Aarav

2 comments:

Ritu said...

Hi,

I visit your blog. I had read about Arnav in newspaper when he was fighting "the fight" and then read about it when he lost "the fight". My heart aches each time I think about him....and for some reason I think about him from time to time....

I hope you all are doing well..

Arnav said...

Ritu, thank you for your touching comment. Little Arnav was /is remarkably special and he is a very big part of our lives even today. Not a single day goes by when we don't talk about him. Life is indeed difficult without him but Arnav always smiled, despite all the odds. I'm trying to keep that legacy alive (although it is hard). I'm so touched and humbled that so many people are still reading Arnav's blog.